Our online donation page is the best way to donate. It is secure & safe and the donation is made available for our use to help the donkeys the day after you donate. You will receive a donation tax receipt immediately via email unless you have opted to receive an annual receipt. In this case, your online donation will be included in the year-end total. (Please Note: If you are an existing or annual receipt donor, you will need to “login” to add your donation to your current file. – see Administration Notes – Existing Donors)
Our FALL DONKEY CARE & COMFORT FUNDRAISER will provide us with the funds to provide excellent, compassionate care to the 102 donkeys in our care.
OUR GOAL IS TO RAISE $80,000 OF THE $400,000 THAT IT COSTS ANNUALLY TO CARE FOR THE DONKEYS.
All donations to this fundraiser go directly to donkey care costs such as hay purchase and delivery, medical and dental care, hoof care and of course compensation for the wonderful staff who go over and above to care for these amazing creatures. Once again we are thrilled the Sakura’s Hope Foundation has offered to match the first $30,000 of donations to this fundraiser.
Please select the “Matching Fund – Donkey Care & Comfort” in the drop-down menu on the Donation Page! Thank you again to Sakura’s Hope Foundation for their continued support for the care of the donkeys.
General Donations – Giving Where It’s Needed
While many of our donors donate to our specific programs such as the Buy-A-Bale, Sponsorship or BrayVe Hearts, others prefer to give a non-specific donation for us to use “Wherever It Is Needed Most”. General donations are given on an annual basis or at special times during the year. Some General Donations come from supporters who have a specific wish for the use of their donated dollars. We are happy to gratefully accept all donations and we will try our very best to honour our donor’s wish provided it supports our mission, values and overall goal for the Refuge and its resident donkeys.
Our donor contributions arrive by mail, eTransfer (email to: firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (250-679-2778), and in-person (we are currently closed due to Covid-19 & not accepting in-person visits) and every one is appreciated regardless of the amount. Some donors use third party sites such as PayPal and CanadaHelps. We hope that you will consider contributing directly right here on our website.
Turtle Valley Donkey Refuge Society is a Registered Canadian Charity (#822309001RR0001)
- Existing Donors – If you are already in our database (ie: you have donated previously & received a tax receipt via email) you can use our easy “If you are Returning – Login” feature which lets you enter your email address and then loads your contact information & links your new donation to your existing profile in our database. This makes it even easier for you to donate on a phone or tablet & helps us reduce the time we take to maintain our database. If you are on an “annual” receipt because you are a monthly donor, this feature lets us add your additional donation to your annual receipt.
- Gift Donations – If you are making a gift “in-honour” of someone – please fill in their name in the box under Donation Details marked – “If you would like to dedicate this donation in-honour of someone, please write their name here:” and if you would like us to send them a mailed card or an email with a special message, please use the box directly below their name to add the special message and their contact information (mailing address -or- email/special message) so we can make sure your honoree knows you’ve made a donation in-honour! Please make sure to fill in your own name and contact information in the “Personal Information” section so we’ve got your details on file correctly as well (or “Login” with your email if you are already in our system).
- Hotmail Users – Please check your spam/junk folder for your tax receipt – we have been having issues with Hotmail Users email from us ending up there. When you find it you can mark it as a “Safe Sender” and add us to your address book/contact list to help make sure you get future emails in your inbox.
- Donation Errors – Please be aware that when a donation is not processed, the error message appears at the bottom of the page! If you do not see the success page which reads: “Thank you for your donation. Your Credit Card has been charged $___. We have sent a confirmation email.” after clicking the “Donate Now” button at the bottom of the donation form, your payment has not been processed.
- Donation Issues – If you are encountering issues with the donation page, you are also able to donate through the online store here. (Please note donations through the online store will not be automatically receipted, they need to be manually entered and receipted, so please expect your tax receipt 2-4 weeks following your donation.) Or donate over the phone – call Shirley: 250-679-2778.
- Membership Renewals – please note because you are receiving benefits with your Membership, it is not eligible for a tax receipt – please use this link to the shop for Memberships.